BBQ Shotguns shells is a great idea for a tailgating food or as an appetizer for your next event. This is one of those things that you can pre-make and either cook at your tailgating event or warm up in oven as needed. It is one of those dishes that everyone will talk about and love to eat.
One of the great things about this dish is that it can be easily changed to meet your taste or your guest taste. You can add more spice to it with hotter peppers or hot rubs. You can likewise sweeten this up with a sweet BBQ sauce. The sky is honestly the limit on how you can make this recipe your own.
One thing that I will encourage is that you make this recipe a few time to experiment as to how you like them best. Out first attempt was not very good. Our pasta was not cooked enough for me to share that recipe. On our second attempt because the first “Smoked Shotgun Shells | Easy Smoked Shotgun Shells Recipe” failed completely. So, we wanted to revise the recipe for BBQ Shotgun Shells to ensure they are easy and perfect. This smoked shotgun shells recipe was absolutely amazing, and everyone loved them, and a quick and easy appetizer and best of all it’s something you can make ahead and cook the next day.
We hope that you watch these videos and that it helps you. Please know that if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me and I will be happy to help. Good luck and hope to see you at a BBQ competition somewhere.
BBQ Shotgun Shells
- Grill / Smoker
- 1 Box manicotti shells
- 1 Package Smithfield Home-style Bacon
BBQ Shotgun Shell Filling
- 2 ea. Chopped Banana Pepper
- 1 lbs. Pork Sausage
- 1.50 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Rufus Teague – Spicy Meat Rub
- Swamp Boys Original BBQ Sauce
- Boil the manicotti shells pasta for 5-minutes to get a Al dente texture. For more Al dente texture in the pasta boil for 4-minutes
- Remove and let them Cool
- In a large bowl. Mix together: Chopped Banana Pepper, Pork Sausage and shredded cheddar cheese
- Add BBQ Rub to Taste
- Stuff the Sausage mixture into the manicotti shells
- Wrap with bacon making sure to cover all exposed parts of the pasta
- Season with BBQ Rub to taste
Cooking / Grilling
- Fill your Pellet Smoker with Royal Oak Charcoal Pellets, and Preheat the Recteq Pellet Smoker to 275°
- Place the BBQ Shotgun Shells in the Recteq Smoker for 1-hr to 1hr-15min or until the bacon is crispy
- Remove from the smoker and coat with the Swamp Boys Original BBQ Sauce
- Return to the smoker to set the sauce
- Remove and allow them to rest, Slice and Enjoy
- Let us know how they turned out and Tag #EliteBBQSmokers in your social media post.