During the summer months corn is a standard item to have on the grill while grilling out with friends and family. We wanted to introduce you to a recipe that will help you take that corn up a notch. This is one of those things that the kids and adults will love and they will keep coming back asking for more. Also called Elote, a traditional Mexican snack served at festivals an on food trucks.
The process of making elote is a bit different than regular corn on the cob. Traditional the corn is shucked and then grilled. For Mexican Street Corn it should not be shucked. This will allows the husk to be used as a handle when grilling and eating the corn. Your kids will love this and it will look good for some great pictures. However, elote is often served on a wooden skewer that have been soaked in water for a bit before grilling to prevent them from burning.
By leaving the husks on the ears of corn it will prevent the corn from burning and also act as a wrap to steam the corn. Mexican Street Corn “elote” is a great appetizer that is very easy to make and filling.
We hope that you watch these videos and that it helps you. Please know that if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me and I will be happy to help. Good luck and hope to see you at a BBQ competition somewhere.
Mexican Street Corn
- Grill / Smoker
- 4 ea. Corn Ears
- 0.5 cup Dukes Mayonnaise
- 0.5 cup Crema
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 0.5 Ea. Lime
- Cotija Cheese
- Chili Powder
- Light the Royal Oak Charcoal and get the grill hot
- Wrap the corn up in the Aluminum Foil with the Husk still on the corn
- Grill the corn until it is to the doneness that you are looking for.
- While the Corn is grilling/BBQ. Make the sauce a. Mix Equal Parts of Dukes Mayonnaise and Crema
- Chop up the Cilantro and squeeze ½ Lime and mix thoroughly
- Pour the Cotija into a large bowl
- Remove the corn from the grill and Shuck the Husk
- Apply the Sauce to the Corn
- Dust with the Cojita Cheese
- Dust with the Chilli Powder
- Add the Cilantro to the corn
- Let us know how they turned out and Tag #EliteBBQSmokers in your social media post.