This recipe is Pork Belly Lollipops. It is Pork Candy and it is a very simple recipe that you will enjoy making and enjoy eating even more. We are going to take a Pork Belly and cut it into strips. Put them on a Lollipop stick. Season them with some BBQ rub, Smoke them on the smoker. Then dip them in the sweet bbq sauce and return to the smoker to set the sauce. Then, we are going to be able to eat us some amazing Pork Candy.
We hope that you watch these videos and that it helps you. Please know that if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me and I will be happy to help. Good luck and hope to see you at a BBQ competition somewhere.
Pork Belly Lollipops
- Grill / Smoker
- 4-5 lbs. pork belly without the skin
- Sweet Smoke Q - If it’s Smoky Sweet - BBQ Rub
- 0.75 cup Head Country Original BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
- Slice the Pork Belly into 3/4” to 1” strips
- Cut those strips in half
- Insert the Lollipop Stick or Skewer in the center of the Pork Belly Strip
- Season generously with Sweet Smoke Q - If it’s Smoky Sweet
- Set the Reteq 1250 Smoker to 275°
- Place the Pork Belly Lollipops in the Smoker and smoke for 1-hrs.
- Remove the Pork Belly Lollipops from the smoker when they feel tender. “Like probing Room Temperature Butter” Around 208°
- Mix you Sauce and dip the Pork Belly Lollipops into the sauce and return to the Grill Safe Pan.
- Return the Pork Belly Lollipops to the smoker for about 5-minutes or until they start to feel tacky.
- Remove and let them rest.
- Now, enjoy
- Let us know how they turned out and Tag #EliteBBQSmokers in your social media post.