So, what is the staple food of any gameday get-together. Most people will name some finger food or appetizer. But the one dish that everyone will go to will be the NACHOS. Hands Down this is the dish that stories will be told about, if it is good.
Well, here at Elite BBQ smokers we are here to share New Techniques and Recipes for outdoor cooking. So, we want to share with you a recipe for the Perfect Ultimate
and most memorable Pork Queso Nachos ever made. First, we must give a shoutout to Crove Food Co. for sharing a new technique on YouTube and Tiktok. They showed a version of their Nacho that inspired us.
But we wanted to add to this idea and make it our own. How did we do that you ask, well let me give you a brief overview.
1st, we wanted to make the tortilla chips on the Pellet Smoker instead of frying them.
2nd, we made our Mexican Relish (without the onions by request)
3rd, we made out Queso Cheese with Vermont Extra Sharp, Black Creek Double Smoked Cheddar Cheese and BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Cheese Pearls.
4th, we poured the Queso into a mixing bowl and then started layering all the ingredients into the bowl 1 layer at a time.
5th, we then used Crove Food Co technique and flipped the whole thing over into a Cast Iron pan.
Now this made the Perfect Ultimate and most amazing Pork Queso Nachos there has ever been. You have to give this one a try and it will be the talk of any Gameday or Get together for years to come.
- Pellet Smoker
Smoked Tortilla Chips
- Corn Tortilla Soft Shells
- Flour Tortilla Soft Shells
- Avocado Spray Oil
- Kosmos Dirty Bird Hot Rub
- 1 ea. Green Bell Pepper - diced
- 1 ea. Red Bell Pepper - diced
- 3 ea. Tomatoes - diced
- 1 Bunch Cilantro - diced
- 1 ea. Lime Juice - juiced
- 1 Can Cooked corn
- 8 oz. Vermont Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 8 oz. Black Creek Double Smoked Cheddar Cheese
- 8 oz. BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Cheese Pearls
- 12 oz. Evaporated Milk
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
Smoked Tortilla Chips
- Take an aluminum Pan and cover it with Foil and spray with the Avocado Oil
- Cut the Shells into 4 separate pieces and place them on the pan, evenly spaced apart.
- Apply a conservative amount of Salt and Kosmos Dirty Bird Hot Rub
- Pre-heat the pellet smoker to 325°
- Place the aluminum pans with the chips into the pellet smoker for 45 minutes or until they start to curl up on the edges and change colors.
- Remove and allow them to rest and they will become crispy.
- Pour All ingredients into the Mixing Bowl and mix thoroughly
- Cover the mixing bowl and place in the refrigerator (you can make this far in advance. The more time to the more the flavors will blend.)
- Place the pot on a stove top or gas campfire stove and turn on the heat to very low temperature
- Continue to stir until the mixture is completely melted and smooth
- Pour the Queso into a sperate mixing bowl. Don’t worry about the cheese left in the bottom of the pot.
- Place about 1/3 of the Pulled pork into the bottom of the pot that you made the queso in.
- Add some of the Mexican Relish
- Add some of the Queso Cheese
- Add some of the Corn and Flour Chips
- Repeat the process until the pot is full or you are out of ingredients.
- Place a plate or cast iron pot on top of the pot
- Now, the trick. Flip the cast iron pan and the pot over at the SAME time.
- Remove the pot and you now have the Perfect Pulled Pork Queso Nachos ever.
- Share and enjoy
- Let us know how they turned out and Tag #EliteBBQSmokers in your social media post.