What is the one meal that will always reminds you of your Mama’s or Grandma’s cooking? For me it is Pork Chops. Most of the time my mother and/or grandmother would fry them up and man they were good.
Did you know that Pork is the most commonly used protein in the world? Pork Chops account for over 10% of the pork consumed in the USA.
The Spanish explorer “Hernando de Soto” is created with introducing the domesticated pig in Europe during the 1600. There is also documentation that pigs were domesticated in China before that. Regardless, pork has become a staple food all over the world.
The goal of this recipe is to cook the pork chop outside without frying them. So, to do this, we went in search of the perfect pork chop. And what we found is commonly referred to as the Iowa Chop. This is a 1” thick bone-in all-natural pork chop. The thickness of this pork chop will allow the meat to cook evenly and help maintain the moisture of the pork chop.
So, in this recipe you will see that the seasoning we are using is not one that my mother or grandmother would have used. But this seasoning does have a lot of the ingredients that pairs very well with Pork. That combined with the smoke from the Pellet grill is a match made in heaven.
We hope that you watch these videos and that it helps you. Please know that if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me and we will be happy to help. Good luck and hope to see you at a BBQ competition somewhere in the future.
We hope that you watch these videos and that it helps you. Please know that if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me and I will be happy to help. Good luck and hope to see you at a BBQ competition somewhere.
Grilled Pork Chops
- Smoker / Grill
- 2 ea. 1” Think Pork Chops “Iowa Chop”
- Eats Zero to Hero BBQ Rub
- Remove the Silver Skin
- Apply a liberal amount of Seasoning to the Pork Chop
Cooking / Smoking
- Pre-heat the pellet smoker to 350°
- Place the Pork Chops on the Grate of the heat
- 10-minutes into the cook, flip.
- 20-minutes into the cook, flip again
- Remove from the smoker when the internal temperature reaches 155-160°
- Allow for about 5-minutes, Slice and enjoy
- Let us know how they turned out and Tag #EliteBBQSmokers in your social media post.