Scotch Eggs are made by taking a boiled egg and wrapping it in a layer of sausage and cooking it. The cooking methods can vary from a BBQ style smoked, to a grilled style to deep fried. This is one of those dishes that allows you to get very creative.
Scotch eggs are a traditional food in the United Kingdom and are served in the local pubs and at picnics.
It the UK they are sold at the supermarkets under a variety of names: “mini scotch eggs” “savory eggs”, “picnic eggs”, “party eggs”, “snack eggs” or “egg bites” to name a few. This is a BBQ scotch eggs recipe that we were introduced to at a BBQ competition by a fellow BBQ team. It is an easy recipe for scotch eggs.
Have you ever had Scotch Eggs? In this recipe we are going to you how to make the perfect scotch eggs. We will show you what sausage to use, how to layer it around the egg and how to smoke it. We will then be covering it with a wonder BBQ Sauce to give it more flavor. And this will be the perfect scotch egg recipe that is an easy recipe for scotch eggs.
We hope that you watch these videos and that it helps you. Please know that if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me and I will be happy to help. Good luck and hope to see you at a BBQ competition somewhere.
Smoked Scotch Eggs
- Grill / Smoker
- 12 oz. Ground Sausage
- 12 ea. Boiled Eggs
- Rufus Teague Spicy Meat
- Swamps Boys Original BBQ Sauce
- Boil you eggs it a soft boiled egg
- Damp dry with a paper towel
- Separate your Sausage into 12 equal sizes
- Roll the sausage around the boiled eggs until it is evenly covering the boiled egg
- Apply your BBQ rub to the outside of the sausage
Smoking / Cooking
- Pre-heat your Recteq pellet smoker to 250°
- Place the Scotch Eggs in the smoker and cook until the sausage is cooked ~155°
- Apply the BBQ Sauce to the top of the Scotch Eggs.
- Continue to cook until the BBQ Sauce is set.
- Remove and let them rest for about 5 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy.
- Let us know how they turned out and Tag #EliteBBQSmokers in your social media post.