How to BBQ a Turkey (3 HOURS)
We are going to show you the best way to make a turkey in 3 hours. We Smoked a Spatchcocked Turkey Christmas Dinner and it was the best way to bbq a turkey. (WE LOVED IT) If you are looking for a Simple Recipe for your Holiday Meal. I would suggest you try this Simple Turkey recipe (Easy). We made it on the K4L Drum Cooker and everyone loved it. The trick is to find that recipe that is full of flavor, simple and easy. This Smoked Spatchcocked Turkey recipe hit all those marks and it was amazing.
We hope that you watch these videos and that it helps you. Please know that if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me and I will be happy to help. Good luck and hope to see you at a BBQ competition somewhere.
- Grill / Smoker
- 10-12 lbs. Whole Turkey
- 1 Bottle Tony Chachere’s Marinade, Butter, Cajun Injection
- Elite BBQ Smokers - SPG
- 1 cup Apple Juice
- 1 cup Triple 9 Swine Apple Cherry Habanero Glaze
- Fill the K4L Drum Cooker with Royal Oak Lump charcoal
- Light and Preheat the K4L Drum Cooker to 300°
- Spatchcock the Turkey
- Inject the Turkey. Start with the Breast Meat with Tony Chachere’s Marinade, Butter, Cajun Injection
- Season the Turkey Breast with the SPG Rub
- Place the Turkey on the smoker and smoke at 300°
- Spritz every 30-minutes and rotate as necessary
- Smoke the Turkey Breast until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°-168°
- Remove and let the Turkey rest in a warm place for 30-45 minutes.
- Splice and enjoy
- Let us know how they turned out and Tag #EliteBBQSmokers in your social media post.