What is the most versatile cut of pork? If you said bacon, then you would be almost correct. But most of the time we use Bacon to compliment to something else other than bacon at breakfast. If you are looking for a cut of pork that will be the main ingredient and with other things added to it to elevate the flavor, then you will be talking about a Pork Loin.
In 2017 we competed in the World Food Champion and finished 4th in the Pork Loin category. That was a very special opportunity to walk the stage in that event and get our name called. The recipe that we are sharing here is that recipe. Where it is a simple recipe, the key to cooking a Pork Loin is to maintain the moisture. Because this meat is one that can easily be dried out if over-cooked.
Looking back at the recipe, I think that in the future I may introduce a little spritz or mop into the recipe. I think the only thing that this recipe was lacking was a little bit of heat. But it is a good one to start from.
This is a content preview space you can use to get your audience interested in what you have to say so they can’t wait to learn and read more. Pull out the most interesting detail that appears on the page and write it here.
o 1 ea. - Boston Butt
o ¼ Cup – Butchers BBQ – Pork Injection
o 3 oz. – Doles Pineapple Juice
o ½ Cup – Water
o Eats Zero to Hero BBQ Rub
1. Remove the Fat Cap and all the Silver Skin
2. Trim the Pork Loin to have a uniform size
1. Mix up the Injection and shake until it is thoroughly mixed
2. Inject the Pork Loin until it starts to push the injection out
1. Apply the Eats Zero to Hero to all sides of the Pork Loin.
2. Remember that the presentation will be the top, so you will want to apply the seasoning to that one last
3. Set in the refrigerator to allow the rub to bind to the meat while you are waiting on the smoker to come up to temp
Cooking / Smoking
1. Pre-heat the pellet smoker to 300°
2. Place the Pork Loin in the smoker
3. Remove from the Smoker when the Pork Loin has an Internal Temperature of 175°-180°
4. Rest until just cool enough to touch
5. Slice and enjoy
6. Tell us what you thought about the recipe