We are grilling up a wild game recipe for you today. And that is Snow Goose grilled on the weber grill to a medium-rare temp and serve with a sweet glaze that will highlight the flavors.
The snow geese that we are grilling today are wild birds that we harvested on a hunting trip out in Arkansas in 2020. Snow geese are not usually a sought-after wild bird for cooking because they can have a strong gamey taste and be tough when overcooked. But in the recipe, we are going to be show you a technique that will allow you to remove that gaminess flavor without affecting the wonderful flavor that you get from a natural wild game.
Today, snow geese are one of the most abundant species of waterfowl. However, they are also one of the hardest species to hunt. Mainly because they are usually a very warily bird that can easily be spooked. Traditionally, they fly in large groups that are usually very determined on the location they are going to and are hard to call into a decoy spread.
But if you have a chance to hunt and harvest these birds. Take the opportunity and enjoy a wonderful meal with friends and family.
This is a content preview space you can use to get your audience interested in what you have to say so they can’t wait to learn and read more. Pull out the most interesting detail that appears on the page and write it here.
• 1ea – Specabelly whole goose
• ½ gal – Butter milk
• 4oz. – Soy Sauce
• 2 tbsp – Peppercorn Pepper
• 2 tbsp – Sugar in the Raw
• 1 tbsp – Minced Onions
• 2 cups – Water
• The Slabs Birds & Bones – Stephy Style
• Heath Riles – Cherry Rub • Maple Syrup
• 2 tbsp – Butter
• 2 tbsp – Honey
1. De-Breast the Snow Geese and remove any feathers
2. Place the Breast in a Ziplock Bag and pour in enough Butter Milk to cover the breast
3. Remove the excess air from the bag and seal
4. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for 24-hrs
5. Remove from the refrigerator, rinse off the Butter Milk and damp dry with a paper towel
6. Place the breast in a new Ziploc Bag
7. Add the Soy Sauce, Peppercorn pepper, Sugar in the Raw, Minced Onions and water and return to the refrigerator for 4 hours
8. Remove from the bag and damp dry with a paper towel
9. Apply the 1st rub – The Slabs Birds and Bones Stephy Style
10. Apply the 2nd Rub – Heath Riles – Cherry Rub
1. Melt the butter in a bowl
2. Add the Honey to the melted butter and mix thoroughly
1. Light the Charcoal on your Weber Grill and get it to 400°
2. Place the Snow Geese Breast on the grate directly over the fire
3. 1-1/2 minutes into the cook, flip the Snow Geese Breast
4. 3-1/2 minutes into the cook, flip the Snow Geese Breast again
5. 5-1/2 minutes into the cook, shift the Snow Geese Breast to event out the cooking on your grill
6. 7-1/2 minutes into the cook, flip and shift the Snow Geese Breast to event out the cooking on your grill
7. 9 minutes into the cook, remove the Snow Geese Breast when try reach 130° or the firmness/doneness that you are looking for. *But remember that an over cooked Snow Goose will be tough and dry*.
8. Brush on the sweet glaze to help compliment the Snow Geese.
9. Slice and Enjoy