The Eye of Round Roast, Round Eye Pot Roast, Simple Eye Round or Poorman’s Prime is one of the toughest cut of beef there is. It is the Eye of Round from the hind leg. The Eye of Round is the Toughest, Cheapest and one of the hardest things to cook. Commonly this cut is roasted and cut into deli slices “Roost Beef” and used on sandwiches and Subs.
And today we are going to show you how to make the toughest beef amazing. We are taking this $25.00 cut of beef and turning it into something absolutely amazing. We did several different recipes with this piece of meat and this is best recipe that we developed to give us the best results.
We are going to be Salt Brining this Eye of Round for 24 hrs.
Then, Sous Vide it for 24 hrs. At 130°
Next, searing it on the smoker to give us that golden brown look that want.
Can I make the Toughest cut of Beef Tender? I promise you that if you follow this recipe, you will be impressed because I MADE the Cheapest cut of beef – AMAZING and you can too.
We hope that you watch these videos and that it helps you. Please know that if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me and I will be happy to help. Good luck and hope to see you at a BBQ competition somewhere.
Poorman's Prime Rib
- Grill / Smoker
- 1 ea. Eye of Round Roast
- Elite BBQ Smokers -SPG Seasoning
- Remove all the Thick Silver Skin, but leave the fat cap.
- Apply a generous portion of Kosher Salt to Salt brine this Chuck Eye of Round
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 24-hrs
- Remove from the refrigerator and season with your SPG rub.
- Vacuum Seal the Seasoned Poorman’s Prime rib in a Sous Vide safe vacuum seal bag and seal.
- Sous Vide the Poorman’s Prime Rib for 24-hrs @ 130°
Searing the Poorman's Prime Rib
- Preheat the Recteq Pellet Smoker to 400°
- Remove the Poorman’s Prime Rib from the Sous Vide bag and place in the Smoker for 10-15 minutes. We are looking for setting a good bark.
- Allow it to rest a few minutes until it is cool enough to handle, Slice and Enjoy
- Let us know how they turned out and Tag #EliteBBQSmokers in your social media post.