Do you want to learn how to BBQ Chicken like a Pro? What is the one thing that everyone asks for to be Grilled and every Griller absolutely HATES to grill. Yep, CHICKEN. In this recipe I am going to be sharing with you some tips and techniques that we use in Competition BBQ to help you elevate your BBQ Chicken. We will be sharing with you some Chicken Trimming Techniques and a Chicken Recipe that will show you how to BBQ Chicken like a pro.
Using these Chicken Techniques and Chicken Recipes you will make your BBQ Chicken taste like a competition BBQ Chicken entry. This Competition Chicken Thigh Recipe that is Guaranteed to Make You Love Chicken Again! This is the BBQ Chicken – Competition Style Recipe Guaranteed to Make You Look Good at you next family dinner!
We hope that you watch these videos and that it helps you. Please know that if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me and I will be happy to help. Good luck and hope to see you at a BBQ competition somewhere.
How to Make COMPETITION BBQ Chicken
- Grill / Smoker
- 8 ea. Springer Mountain Farms - Chicken Thighs
- 32 oz. Swanson 30% Less Sodium Chicken Broth
- Rufus Teague - Chicken Rub
- Fire Dancer Chicken Rub Sauce
- Rufus Teague – Honey Sweet
- 4 tbsp Kerry Gold Salted Butter
- Trim the Chicken Thigh to a uniform size
- Remove the excess fat from the exposed skin on the chicken thigh
- Place the Chicken Thighs in a pan and cover with the Swanson 30% Less Sodium Chicken Broth
- Brine the Chicken Thighs for 4 hours
- Remove the chicken thighs from the Brine and damp dry
- Apply the Rufus Teague - Chicken Rub & Fire Dancer Chicken Rub to both sides of the Chicken Thigh
Cooking / Grilling
- Preheat the Recteq Pellet Smoker to 275°
- Place the chicken thighs on the rack and then place them into the Pellet Smoker for 30 minutes
- Remove the Chicken Thighs from the Pellet Smoker and place in a Half Pan with the 1/2 stick of Kerry Gold Butter
- Return the Chicken Thighs to the smoker for 45-minutes or until the skin on the Chicken Thighs start to split.
- Remove and allow the chicken thighs to rest.
- Turn down the Recteq Pellet Smoker to 225°
- Heat the Rufus Teague Honey Sweet BBQ Sauce and add a little bit of water to thin it down a little. You want the sauce to be even across the Chicken Thighs
- Remove the Chicken Thighs from the Pan and Dip them into the heated Sauce and place them on the cooking rack
- Return the chicken thighs to the Recteq Pellet Smoker for 15-minutes or until the Sauce is tacky
- Slice and enjoy.
- Let us know how they turned out and Tag #EliteBBQSmokers in your social media post.