This Recipe is going to show you how I made BBQ Chicken using the Spatchcock Chicken method on the Pellet Smoker. We are going to be sharing with you our technique to Spatchcock a Whole chicken, butterflying a whole chicken, that will ensure that the Chicken is moist and tender without over cooking any part of the chicken. You will be able to use this recipe and technique to make your very own BBQ Chicken. So, lets dive into it and make some BBQ Smoked Chicken | Spatchcock Chicken.
We hope that you watch these videos and that it helps you. Please know that if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me and I will be happy to help. Good luck and hope to see you at a BBQ competition somewhere.
Smoked Spatchcock Chicken
- Grill / Smoker
- 1 ea Whole Chicken
- Recteq - Competition Blend BBQ Rub
- Recteq - Rossarooski's Honey Rib Rub
- Recteq - Mild Gourmet BBQ Sauce
- Mott’s White Apple Juice
- Spatchcock “Butterfly’ the whole chicken
- Place the Spatchcock “Butterfly’ chicken in a pan on a wire rack inside a pan
- Apply a liberal coat of Recteq - Competition Blend BBQ Rub & Recteq Honey Rib Rub to the back side of the Chicken
- Flip the chicken over and apply a liberal coat of Recteq - Competition Blend BBQ Rub & Rossarooski's Honey Rib Rub to the Top side of the Chicken
- Pre-heat your Recteq pellet smoker to 300°
- Place the Spatchcock Chicken in the Pellet Smoker and cook until you reach an internal temperature of +165° in the Breast meat and +178° in the thigh meat
- Spritz ever ~15-minutes to maintain a moist skin
- In roughly 2-hrs, you should be able to remove the Spatchcock Chicken from the Pellet Smoker
- Apply a liberal amount of the Mild Gourmet BBQ Sauce and return to the Pellet Smoker to set the sauce
- Remove once the sauce is set and let is rest
- Slice and Enjoy
- Let us know how they turned out and Tag #EliteBBQSmokers in your social media post.